Our History

The Hub-Co Credit Union is a state chartered (Chartered in 1938),federally insured credit union (Insured by National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), owned by its members. Unlike a bank or savings and loan association, a credit union is not for profit and is dedicated only to serving its members, who share a common bond such as employment at the same company.  Hub-Co was originally established to serve the employees of The Hubinger Company, now Roquette America.  It began in a small office in the basement of Hubinger’s plant office building.  In 1987 it moved to a separate building, still within the plant area.  The credit union moved to its current location on Bank street in 1996.  In 2007 it merged with the Keokuk Community School Employees Credit Union.  It is overseen by a volunteer board, elected by the membership at the annual meeting.

The Hub-Co Credit Union serves employees of Roquette America and employees of the Keokuk Community School District, and their immediate families (as defined in elgibility to join). Click here for more info…

The Hub-Co Credit Union operates under the motto “Not For Profit, Not For Charity, But For Service”.